Full course description
This is an online course. Participants will have 365 days to complete the course after the initial enrollment. The course is led by a facilitator. Please read the complete description before enrolling. We are happy to answer any of your questions.
Description: No certification is given for this course. In this course, participants will be given an introduction to project management terms, concepts and practices. This course is designed for people who have no experience in the project management field but want a basic understanding.
This is an online, computer-based course that will give you the skills to work towards understanding the Project Management Professional field. You will listen to modules on your own time. When the module is complete, you will take a short knowledge check quiz. You can go back to the material at anytime to review (within your 1 year subscription period).
General Topics: Students will gain an understanding of terms, techniques and theories that are used by project management professionals. This course will cover the following areas of the broad field that is Project Management:
- Project Management: A Conceptual Introduction To Piecing It All Together
- Project Communications Management: Messaging Throughout the Project
- Project Cost Management: Determining What’s It All Going to Cost
- Project Human Resource Management: Bringing the Team Together
- Project Integration Management: Documenting it from the Beginning to the End
- Project Procurement Management: Managing the Buying and Selling Process
- Project Quality Management: Setting and Meeting the Standard
- Project Risk Management
- Project Scope Management
- Time Management: Making Time for the Things that Get It Done
Prerequisites: No previous experience with PMP or project management. However, students must have access to a PC with a high speed internet connection, basic computer literacy and be able to:
- Open, Save and upload files
- Interact with the instructor and other students via email, the Canvas (LMS) Learning Management System and other web based forums as required.
Who should attend?: Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of Project Management. Are you the "Unofficial" Project Manager in your office? Do you work or interact with Project Managers? Do you want to gain a better understanding of the field? This course might be for you. Feel free to contact the course facilitator with questions.
Facilitator: Ryan Buckthorpe, ICCE Director email@example.com