Full course description
Course Meeting Location:
This hybrid course includes online lectures with onsite labs at the Brandon campus Engineering Technology facility. The course will be supported with its own website in Canvas.
Online Session Location: Canvas - Big Blue Button and/or MS Teams (access provided after registration)
LAB Session Location:
HCC Brandon Campus, Engineering Technology Lab
10451 Nancy Watkins Dr. Tampa, FL
Room: BSSB 214
Meeting Time: TBD
Meeting Dates: TBD
Meeting Days: TBD
Introduces the students to the basic hydraulic and pneumatic systems and devices commonly found in advanced manufacturing facilities. The underlying scientific principles will be covered and their practical applications. The course will address the majority of Fluid Power Domains covered by the PMMI Fluid Power Certification exam. The major emphasis will be on pneumatics with a lesser emphasis on hydraulics and vacuum systems. Electro-fluid power troubleshooting will be emphasized. Topics include circuits and logic, compressors and conditioners, connectors, directional control valves, electro-fluid power, filters, fittings, flow control & relief valves, gauges and instruments, hoses, lubricators, metal tubing, motors, pressure sequence valves, pump and reservoir, regulators, safety, theory, threaded pipe, and troubleshooting & testing.
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
1. Understand fluid power and hydraulic principles.
2. Understand fluid power components such as valves, actuators, and pumps and their use in fluid power circuits
3. Demonstrate the ability to interpret and use fluid power circuits
4. Understand fluid power control and distribution
5. Understand power pneumatics principles and components
6. Understand Electro-Fluid Power Systems
7. Master a sufficient number of PMMI Domains which will be required to successfully pass the PMMI Fluid Power Certification Exam
Instructor Information: Gary Chandler - email@example.com
Training is delivered by Hillsborough Community College instructors, in partnership with PMMI (Packaging Machinery Manufacturing Institute and The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies).
The PMMI Certifications are based on industry-developed standards and are recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor and the Manufacturing Institute’s Skills Certification System. Successful completion of training and certification exams of this training program articulates as 7 college credits into HCC’s Associate of Science Degree in Engineering Technology and is stackable with HCC’s Certified Production Technician program which itself articulates into 15 college credits into the same degree program with passing examination scores. All testing is proctored by Hillsborough Community College.
Notice to all students:
- All class and lab sessions are mandatory. There are no makeup sessions
- Course work is proctored by HCC Faculty, and completed online and in labs.
- All labs and testing are held at and proctored by HCC Brandon Campus:
- 10451 Nancy Watkins Drive, Tampa, FL 33619 (Student Services Building, 2nd floor)
Financial Assistance: Need help paying for classes?
Refund Policy: Refunds, Cancellations & Substitutions