Full course description
This course is an introduction to manufacturing process technologies. Upon completion of the course the student should be able to:
1. Describe process technologies including major equipment types and functions
2. Analyze processes and identify the scientific principles that underlie each operation
3. Apply knowledge of operations, instrumentation, and process control to predict operations, identify unexpected performance, and effect basic troubleshooting.
4. Identify and define the various aspects of Quality, Safety, Health, Environment and Security as they are practiced in the Process Industry.
5. Describe the function of process drawings.
6. Identify and describe the roles, responsibilities and expectations of the process technician.