Full course description
Course Meeting Location:
This course will be delivered in a hybrid format; with some content delivered online in live instructor-led sessions and the remaining on-campus in our manufacturing and computer lab.
Online Session Location: Canvas - Big Blue Button (access provided upon registration)
Lab Session Location:
- HCC Brandon Campus, Manufacturing Center
- 10451 NANCY WATKINS DR. Tampa, FL
- BSSB Lab 214
Meeting Times: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
|Tuesday - 09/28/21||Thursday - 09/30/21|
|Tuesday - 10/05/21||Thursday - 10/07/21|
|Tuesday - 10/12/21||Thursday - 10/14/21|
|Tuesday - 10/19/21||Thursday - 10/21/21|
|Tuesday - 10/26/21||Thursday - 10/28/21|
|Tuesday - 11/02/21||Thursday - 11/04/21|
|Tuesday - 11/09/21||Thursday - HOLIDAY|
|Tuesday - 11/16/21||Thursday - 11/18/21|
|Tuesday - 11/23/21||Thursday - HOLIDAY|
|Tuesday - 12/07/21||Thursday - 12/09/21|
|Tuesday - 12/14/21||Thursday - 12/16/21|
Instructor Information: David Miller - firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview - Course Abstract:
Students will learn Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems along with Tools, Meters and Test Equipment. Mechatronics combines mechanical, electronic and computer technologies to create automated, 'intelligent' machinery and robotics that improve the efficiency, safety and productivity of manufacturing (and other) processes.
Objective - Result:
Prepare students for employment opportunities as a maintenance or PLC technician.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fluid power systems based on PMMI Fluid Power 1 standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding of mechanical drive components based on PMMI Mechanical Components 1 standards.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot Program Logic Controller systems.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot robotics systems.
Financial Assistance (Pre-Payment Plan):