Full course description
Aircraft Electronics Technician Certification
Course Title: Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) Certification Program
Advance your career and industry knowledge by earning the Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) Standard and Certification developed by ASTM’s National Center for Aerospace & Transportation Technologies (NCATT) along with their industry partners.
The NCATT AET is the primary certification and is required for all endorsements in the career field. The AET certification identifies the core knowledge of an Aircraft Electronics / Avionics technician that is common across the industry. This includes the military, air carriers, air cargo, repair stations, fixed-based operators, corporate flight departments, and manufacturers.
NCATT certificates are an industry-defined mechanism to identify professionals who demonstrate their knowledge through testing and commit themselves to the aerospace industry. Associations and professionals across every industry use these certifications to recognize qualified and competent individuals.
Starting wages in the field are $17 per hour and with some experience go well over $50 per hour. The mean hourly wage for Avionics Technicians in Florida is $27.88/hour per the Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes492091.htm
AET Program Schedule:
- 28 weeks in length beginning September 26, 2023 – April 04, 2024.
- Mandatory Orientation: September 26, 2023, 6:00 pm @ HCC Brandon Campus, Engineering Technology Lab
- Weekly online instructor-led class every Tuesday, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Weekly lab sessions every Thursday, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm @ HCC Brandon Campus, Engineering Technology Lab
Notice to all AET Students:
- All class and lab sessions are mandatory. There are no makeup sessions
- Coursework is proctored by HCC Faculty and completed online and in labs.
- All labs and testing are held at and proctored by HCC Brandon Campus: 10451 Nancy Watkins Drive, Tampa, FL 33619 (Student Services Building, 2nd floor).
- Need help paying for some or all of this course? Visit our Financial Assistance Page
- Click here for our: Pre-Payment Plan
- All payments must be received in full before the course begins. Refund requests must be received in writing before the course start date. Visit http://tampatraining.com/about-us/information-policies/ for all details.
Instructor Information: David Miller - firstname.lastname@example.org
Refund Policy: Refunds, Cancellations & Substitutions