Full course description
*This is a new certification course offered by The Institute for Corporate and Continuing Education at Hillsborough Community College. This certification course is not scheduled at this time.
Questions: Please email Shauntay at email@example.com or if you are interested in taking this course, simply place your name on our Wait List.
Financial Assistance: https://www.tampatraining.com/financial-assistance/
Advance your career and industry knowledge by earning the Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) Standard and Certification developed by ASTM’s National Center for Aerospace & Transportation Technologies (NCATT) along with their industry partners.
The NCATT AET is the primary certification and is required for all endorsements in the career field. The AET certification identifies the core knowledge of an Aircraft Electronics / Avionics technician that is common across the industry. This includes the military, air carrier, air cargo, repair stations, fixed-based operators, corporate flight departments, and manufacturers.
NCATT certificates are an industry-defined mechanism to identify professionals who demonstrate their knowledge through testing and commit themselves to the aerospace industry. Associations and professionals across every industry use these certifications to recognize qualified and competent individuals.
Starting wages in the field are $17 per hour and with some experience go well over $50 per hour. The mean hourly wage for Avionics Technicians in Florida is $27.88/hour per the Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes492091.htm (Links to an external site.)
AET Program Schedule:
- 21 weeks in length beginning TBD.
- Mandatory Orientation: TBD @ HCC Brandon Campus, Engineering Technology Lab
- Weekly online instructor-led class every TBD
- Weekly lab sessions every TBD @ HCC Brandon Campus, Engineering Technology Lab
Notice to all AET Students:
- All class and lab sessions are mandatory. There are no makeup sessions.
- Course work is proctored by HCC Faculty, and completed online and in labs.
- All labs and testing are held at and proctored by HCC Brandon Campus: 10451 Nancy Watkins Drive, Tampa, FL 33619 (Student Services Building, 2nd floor).
Instructor: David Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org