Full course description
Online: Learning with a Real Live Instructor
Join the online virtual classroom as easy as clicking a link. Look for an email notification from ICCE Canvas Big Blue Button or MS Teams to attend the course.
Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Start Date: March 28, 2023
End Date: May 9, 2023
Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Prep is a 40-contact hour course designed to help current project management practitioners prepare for the Project Management Professional certification exam. This program now includes predictive, agile and hybrid approaches, the PMP® proves project leadership experience and expertise at the workplace. Students will learn about the 5 Knowledge Domains/Process Groups and the 10 Knowledge Areas covered by the exam.
- Course includes self-paced multiple-choice quizzes and practice exams designed to ensure a solid understanding of materials.
- Course will be taught by a Certified PMP with over 16 years of professional project management experience within a global corporate environment.
- Course includes many assorted professional teaching aids to support students with the learning process and to ensure a thorough understanding.
General Topics: Initiating the Project, Planning the Project, Executing the Project, Monitoring & Controlling the Project and Closing the Project.
Materials: Three printed books with over 650 pages of content including a glossary of key PMP terminology. Online study tools such as a pre-test, study planner, chapter quizzes, review, a post-test, a PMP practice exam and one PMP Exam voucher with no retake.
Note: The PMBOK, 7th Edition book and other training materials will be included in the program.
Prerequisites: Must meet the requirements to sit for the PMP exam as set forth by the Project Management Institute: https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/project-management-pmp
- A high school diploma or an associate’s degree (or global equivalent)
- 60 months leading projects
- 35 hours of project management education/training or CAPM® Certification
Who should attend?: Professionals who want to prepare for the Project Management Professional certification exam and earn the minimum 35 hours required to sit for the exam.
Financial Assistance: (Links to an external site.) Need help paying for some or all of this course?
- Open Door Scholarship (Links to an external site.)
- HCC Alumni 10% Discount (Links to an external site.)
- Pre-Payment Plan (Links to an external site.)
- Career Source Tampa Bay (Links to an external site.) "Get There Faster" (Links to an external site.) for Transitioning Servicemembers, Veterans, and their spouses
- CareerSource Tampa Bay "WIOA" (Links to an external site.) Program
Instructor: David Wood
Bio: Mr. Wood has held numerous positions with both large and small companies including: Martin Marietta in Denver, CO, Huges Aircraft Company in El Segundo, CA and Hewlett Packard in Palo Alto, CA. He has expertise in Business Information Systems, Network Infrastructure, IT Management and Project Leadership. Mr. Wood holds current certifications in Project Management Project (PMP), Agile Scrum Master Certification and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations.
For more information, contact IT Program Coordinator Liz Steacker at 813-259-6508 or email email@example.com