Full course description
Course Type: Live Online Instructor-Led
IMPORTANT: Please log in to your course using the Course Invitation from Institute for Corporate & Continuing Education <firstname.lastname@example.org>. This invitation will be emailed to you the same day you enroll/register for the course. This is how you will access your online live synchronous meeting software.
Course Format: This is a training course that includes online self-study, online presentations, and interactive support with the instructor.
Course Technology Requirements: Desktop computer, laptop computer, Chromebook, or tablet with an internet connection and Chrome browser recommended. Mobile phones may not be compatible with interactive course tools and modules.
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Dates: 06/27/22 - 06/30/22
Time: 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Note: Included in the program is a printed reference book, web-based study tools and resources to help you master HR concepts. You will be responsible for picking up your textbook. Details on pick-up location and pick-up date to follow via email.
SHRM Essentials of Human Resources provides foundational HR Knowledge. It provides insights into the standards for knowledge, strategies and competencies required of eﬀective HR professionals around the world.
SHRM Essentials is ideal for those who are:
- New to HR
- Small business owners
- Managers and professionals with HR responsibilities
The program covers six key HR topics and provides tools you can immediately put to use in your organization:
- Human Resources. Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Talent Acquisition. Develop important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards. Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Learning and Development. Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management. Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
- Employment Law. Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
After completion of the SHRM Essentials course you will:
- Gain a better understanding of Human Resources issues facing organizations today
- Expand awareness of HR behavioral competencies
- Gain practical expertise to increase job skills
- Increase on-the-job confidence
For more SHRM information: https://www.shrm.org/
For Financial Assistance information please visit: https://www.tampatraining.com/financial-assistance/
- This course is approved by the VA for the Post 9/11 GI Bill
Refund Policy: Refunds, Cancellations & Substitutions
Instructor: Marylou Ponzi-Kay