Full course description
Course Type: Live Online Instructor-Led
IMPORTANT: Please log in to your course using the Course Invitation from Institute for Corporate & Continuing Education <firstname.lastname@example.org>. This invitation will be emailed to you the same day you enroll/register for the course. This is how you will access your classroom course. This is also how you will access your online live synchronous meeting software.
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Dates: 04/26/21 - 04/29/21 FOUR-DAY PROGRAM
Time: 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Note: Included in the program is a printed reference book, web-based study tools and resources to help you master HR concepts. You will be responsible for picking up your textbook. Details on location and date to follow. Look for an email announcement notification from Canvas.
Description: The SHRM Essentials of Human Resources program provides an introductory overview of key HR topics and the fundamental issues surrounding HR to help you effectively approach the challenging issues and everyday situations that you face on the job.
SHRM Essentials is ideal for those who are:
- New to HR
- Small business owners
- Managers and professionals with HR responsibilities
The program covers six key HR topics and provides tools you can immediately put to use in your organization:
- Human Resources. Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Talent Acquisition. Develop important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards. Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Learning and Development. Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management. Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
- Employment Law. Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
After completion of the SHRM Essentials course you will:
- Gain a better understanding of Human Resources issues facing organizations today
- Expand awareness of HR behavioral competencies
- Gain practical expertise to increase job skills
- Increase on-the-job confidence
- Receive a Certificate of Achievement
Instructor: Marylou Ponzi-Kay