Full course description
Course Type: Live Online Instructor-Led
IMPORTANT: Please log in to your course using the Course Invitation from Institute for Corporate & Continuing Education <firstname.lastname@example.org>. This invitation will be emailed to you the same day you enroll/register for the course.
This is how you will access your classroom course. This is also how you will access your online live synchronous meeting software.
Course Format: This is a training course that includes online self-study, online presentations, and interactive support with the instructor.
Course Technology Requirements: Desktop computer, laptop computer, Chromebook, or tablet with an internet connection and Chrome browser recommended. Mobile phones may not be compatible with interactive course tools and modules.
Dates: 02/05/21 and 02/12/21
Time: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Description: This Grammar Essentials course will teach you how to:
- Write effective sentences that are easy-to-understand
- Identify and use basic sentence components (e.g. nouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, objects, subjects)
- Identify and correct some of the most common problems associated with writing sentences (e.g. subject-verb agreement, redundant words, padded phrases, etc.)
- Create and organize a paragraph properly
- Identify and correct some of the most common problems associated with writing paragraphs (e.g. wordiness, lack of parallel structure, active vs. passive voice)
- Use basic punctuation such as commas, periods, question marks and hyphens
- Use advanced punctuation such as apostrophes, semi-colons and colons
- Identify common problems with punctuation
- Capitalize words and phrases properly
Instructor: Mark Aruda