Full course description
TCTC at HCC
39 Columbia Drive
Tampa, FL 33606 Map
Parking: Parking is available next to the building.
Room: TCTC 125
Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Start Date: April 14, 2020
End Date: May 26, 2020
Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Prep is a 39 contact hour course designed to help current project management practitioners prepare for the Project Management Professional certification exam. Students will learn about the 5 Knowledge Domains/Process Groups and the 10 Knowledge Areas covered by the exam.
- Course is tailored to meet new PMI testing criteria for PMP certification scheduled for July, 2020
- Course includes self-paced multiple choice quizzes and practice exams designed to ensure a solid understanding of materials.
- Course will be taught by a Certified PMP with over 16 years of professional project management experience within a global corporate environment.
- Course includes many assorted professional teaching aids to support students with the learning process and to ensure a thorough understanding.
- Course includes PMI exam fee for the PMP Certification https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/project-management-pmp.
General Topics: Initiating the Project, Planning the Project, Executing the Project, Monitoring & Controlling the Project and Closing the Project.
Materials: Three printed books with over 650 pages of content including a glossary of key PMP terminology. Online study tools such as a pre-test, study planner, chapter quizzes, flashcards for review, a post-test, a PMP practice exam and the PMP Exam voucher.
Note: The book and other training materials will be provided by the instructor.
Prerequisites: Meet the requirements to sit for the PMP exam as set forth by the Project Management Institute: https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/project-management-pmp
Who should attend?: Professionals who want to prepare for the Project Management Professional certification exam and earn the minimum 35 hours required to sit for the exam.
Instructor: David Wood
Bio: Mr. Wood has held numerous positions with both large and small companies including; Martin Marietta in Denver, CO, Huges Aircraft Company in El Segundo, CA and Hewlitt Packard in Palo Alto, CA. He has expertise in Business Information Systems, Network Infrastructure, IT Management and Project Leadership. Mr. Wood holds current certifications in Project Management Project (PMP) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations.
For more information call 813 259 6508