Full course description
Course Type: Classroom
The Corporate Training Center at HCC (Davis Islands)
39 Columbia Drive
Tampa, FL 33606 Map
Days: Saturday and Sunday
Dates: TBD - TWO-DAY PROGRAM
Time: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Note: Included in the program is a printed reference book, web-based study tools and resources to help you master HR concepts. This is a working lunch course, consisting of 8 hours each day. Please bring your lunch.
Description: The SHRM Essentials of Human Resources program provides an introductory overview of key HR topics and the fundamental issues surrounding HR to help you effectively approach the challenging issues and everyday situations that you face on the job.
SHRM Essentials is ideal for those who are:
- New to HR
- Small business owners
- Managers and professionals with HR responsibilities
The program covers six key HR topics and provides tools you can immediately put to use in your organization:
- Human Resources. Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Talent Acquisition. Develop important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards. Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Learning and Development. Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management. Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
- Employment Law. Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
After completion of the SHRM Essentials course you will:
- Gain a better understanding of Human Resources issues facing organizations today
- Expand awareness of HR behavioral competencies
- Gain practical expertise to increase job skills
- Increase on-the-job confidence
- Receive a Certificate of Achievement
Instructor: Marylou Ponzi-Kay