Full course description
The Corporate Training Center at HCC (Davis Islands)
39 Columbia Drive
Tampa, FL 33606 Map
Day: Saturday and Sunday
Date(s): 1/26/19 and 1/27/19 TWO-DAY IN-PERSON PROGRAM
Time: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Note: Included in the program is a printed reference book and web-based study tools and resources to help you master HR concepts.
This is a working lunch course, consisting of 8 hours each day. Please bring your lunch.
SHRM Essentials is ideal for those who are:
- New to HR
- Small business owners
- Managers and professionals with HR responsibilities
The program covers six key HR topics and provides tools you can immediately put to use in your organization:
- Human Resources. Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Talent Acquisition. Develop important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards. Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Learning and Development. Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management. Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
- Employment Law. Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
After completion of the SHRM Essentials course you will:
- Gain a better understanding of Human Resources issues facing organizations today
- Expand awareness of HR behavioral competencies
- Gain practical expertise to increase job skills
- Increase on-the-job confidence
The Instructor: Marylou Ponzi Kay,
SPHR, SHRM-SCP, is a talent and human resources consultant with deep
expertise working with international companies doing business in the
U.S. Multilingual: English, French, Spanish, Italian.
Expertise in talent and career management, cross-cultural competency, integrating acquisitions, employee engagement and organizational development. Strengths include workforce planning, employment branding, compensation analysis and design, performance improvement/re-engineering, competency modeling, employee and labor relations, global mobility, HR Startup.