Full course description
Collaboration Studio (HCS) at HCC
1602 N. 15th St.
Tampa, FL 33605 Map
Parking: Free parking is available in the surface lot at Collaboration Studio. Overflow parking is available in the 15th Street Garage behind Collaboration Studio. However, validation for the garage may not be available on nights and weekends, so students may be responsible for parking fees. If you park in the garage you must be out by 7:00 PM.
Date(s): 2/3/18 and 2/10/18 TWO-DAY IN-PERSON PROGRAM
Time: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Note: Included in the program is a printed reference book and web-based study tools and resources to help you master HR concepts.
This is a working lunch course, consisting of 8 hours each day. Please bring your lunch.
Gain the critical knowledge necessary to help reduce costs, avoid potential lawsuits, and improve your ability to handle challenging HR issues. This program is ideal if you are just starting out in the HR profession, perform HR duties as a part of a non-HR job, or are looking for an effective way to boost your employee management skills.
SHRM Essentials is ideal for those who are:
- New to HR
- Small business owners
- Managers and professionals with HR responsibilities
The program covers six key HR topics and provides tools you can immediately put to use in your organization:
- Human Resources. Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Talent Acquisition. Develop important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards. Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Learning and Development. Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management. Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
- Employment Law. Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
After completion of the SHRM Essentials course you will:
- Gain a better understanding of Human Resources issues facing organizations today
- Expand awareness of HR behavioral competencies
- Gain practical expertise to increase job skills
- Increase on-the-job confidence
The Instructor: Ivette Dupuis