Full course description
Date(s): TBD - TWO-DAY IN-PERSON PROGRAM
Note: This is a working lunch course, consisting of 8 hours each day. Please bring your lunch.
Gain the critical knowledge necessary to help reduce costs, avoid potential lawsuits, and improve your ability to handle challenging HR issues. This program is ideal if you are just starting out in the HR profession, perform HR duties as a part of a non-HR job, or are looking for an effective way to boost your employee management skills.
- Build a solid foundation in human resource management.
- Discuss key pieces of federal legislation that impact HR.
- Understand the role of the EEOC and its investigatory process.
- Improve your employee recruitment and selection process to help avoid legal pitfalls.
- Understand the importance of effectively communicating base pay, incentive compensation, and benefits information to staff at all levels.
- Gain knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, and training and development.
- Learn the process, methods and purpose of performance appraisals.
About the Instructor: TBD