Full course description
The Corporate Training Center (TCTC) at HCC
39 Columbia Dr.
Tampa, FL 33606 Map
Date(s): 3/4/17 and 3/11/17 TWO-DAY IN-PERSON PROGRAM
Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Note: This is a working lunch course, consisting of 8 hours each day. Please bring your lunch.
Gain the critical knowledge necessary to help reduce costs, avoid potential lawsuits, and improve your ability to handle challenging HR issues. This program is ideal if you are just starting out in the HR profession, perform HR duties as a part of a non-HR job, or are looking for an effective way to boost your employee management skills.
- Build a solid foundation in human resource management.
- Discuss key pieces of federal legislation that impact HR.
- Understand the role of the EEOC and its investigatory process.
- Improve your employee recruitment and selection process to help avoid legal pitfalls.
- Understand the importance of effectively communicating base pay, incentive compensation, and benefits information to staff at all levels.
- Gain knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, and training and development.
- Learn the process, methods and purpose of performance appraisals.
About the Instructor: Renee Barfield is a Certified human resources professional with over 20 years of senior leadership responsibilities in the public and private sector- both nationally and internationally. As Director of Personnel for the City of Trenton, NJ, Ms. Barfield was responsible for overseeing recruitment, benefits administration, and payroll, training and employee relations for the state's capital. Her background also includes directing all HR functions for New Urban Entertainment Television, a Quincy Jones/Time Warner start-up cable television venture, and implementing the first Human Resource Management System for the Taipei Rapid Transit System in Taipei, Taiwan.
Prior to joining The Institute for Corporate and Continuing Education at Hillsborough Community College, Ms. Barfield served as a College Instructor at Mercer County Community College in West Windsor, New Jersey, where she facilitated Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) Exam Prep Classes and Title IX training.