Full course description
Dale Mabry Campus
4001 W Tampa Bay Blvd
Tampa, FL 33614 Map
Room: DSSC 213
Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Days: Monday and Wednesday
Dates: 8/21/17 - 10/16/17 (9 Weeks) Non Class Day - Labor Day 9/4/17
Steps to Enroll:
- Register and pay for classes.
- Take a level test. To get a test referral, visit or call Marie-Francoise Hutchison at the Connections Center, Dale Mabry Campus (813-259-6368).
If you have already taken a level test, go to the next step.
- Order the textbook. Students will receive their books the first night of class.
Description: Foundations: Beginning in English is a language course designed for students who have very little to no knowledge of English.
This course will help students
- Develop basic English vocabulary and grammar
- Practice basic listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Build a solid foundation in order to enter the EAP program in Level 1 at HCC
Required Textbook Purchase: Value Pack: Foundations Student Book and Activity Workbook with Audio CDs. Cost: $41.81
Note: Students must successfully complete the two Foundations sessions to be able to transfer into level 1 EAP classes. The syllabus will be provided on the first day of class.
Instructor: Lauren Farrell