Full course description
Parking: Free parking is available in the surface lot at Collaboration Studio. Overflow parking is available in the 15th Street Garage behind Collaboration Studio. However, validation for the garage may not be available on nights and weekends, so students may be responsible for parking fees. If you park in the garage you must be out by 7:00 PM.
Note: A fitness waiver must be signed prior to starting class.
Description: Why Zumba®?
Perfect for everybody and every body! Each Zumba® class is designed to bring people together to sweat it out.
We put the "work" in workout, by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the world rhythms take over, you'll see why Zumba® Fitness classes are often called exercise in disguise. Super effective? Check. Super fun? Check and check.
We combine the awesome toning and strengthening power of aerobics, with the fun fitness-party that only Zumba® brings to the dance-floor helps you focus on specific muscle groups, so you (and your muscles) stay engaged! Combines strength and resistance training with innovative dance moves A high intensity workout that focuses on defining your muscles, improving overall cardiovascular health and burning major calories in the process. The design of the class introduces easy-to-follow Zumba® choreography that focuses on balance, range of motion and coordination.
Come ready to sweat, and prepare to leave empowered and feeling strong. With the benefits of metabolism-boosting strength training for one complete workout.
- A total workout, combining all elements of fitness – cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility, boosted energy and a serious dose of awesome each time you leave class.
- Increase cardio and calorie burning, while adding moves that define and sculpt your core and legs.
- Enhances sense of rhythm and coordination, while toning target zones, including arms, core and lower body.
- A unique way to challenge the muscles of the body without having to lift weights.
- Class focuses on all elements of fitness: cardiovascular, muscular conditioning, flexibility and balance!
- Low to moderate intensity strength training exercises are essential to prevent a dramatic reduction in muscle mass, muscle strength, atrophy and sarcopenia (loss of skeletal muscle mass). Walk in ready to have a blast and tone up, leave exhilarated and empowered!
- Helps develop a healthy lifestyle and incorporate fitness as a natural part of everyone’s lives by making fitness fun.
- Boost metabolism and get strong in one fun and effective workout.
HCC and USF alumni Victoria Williams, better known as Viva la Zumba®,
has been an Officaial Zumba® Instructor since 2014. With a passion for
afro-dance she combines both styles to provide a fun fitness party that
will keep you on your feet. Along with Zumba®, she has been trained in
many styles of dance since the age of five. Viva works with adults and
children to provide an encouraging and comfortable dance fitness class. www.victoriawilliams411.zumba.com