Full course description
10690 Palm River Road
Tampa, FL 33619
Dates: 05/29/21 - 06/26/21 (5 Weeks)
Time: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Professional Golf Instruction 1 hour 30 minutes
Self Practice 30 minutes
To provide beginner golf programs that integrate the use of state-of-the-art golf simulation technology, to teach the basic fundamentals of golf. This course will use games and a blended learning approach of the traditional instructor-led training and indoor golf simulation technology. This course will concentrate on basic golf skills instruction and provides background information on the game's rules, etiquette, and values. Golf clubs are provided or bring your own.
This course is brought to you by Women of Color Golf in partnership with The Institute for Corporate & Continuing Education at Hillsborough Community College.
Take a swing at it!!!
At the end of this course, you will learn the basic fundamentals of golf.
At the end of this course, students will gain insight into the:
- History of the game
- Game rules and etiquette
- Definitions of various golf terms (Par, Birdie, Bogie, Eagle, Bunker, Tee Box, etc.)
- Types of golf clubs (driver, irons, and components of the club)
- Techniques on posture, grip, and alignment
- Techniques regarding chipping and putting
- Techniques on the full swing and half swing
- Fundamental guidelines of use and maintenance of golf equipment
- Proper stretching exercises
- Navigating a golf course
- Booking a tee time
Who should attend:
This course targets adults who have limited or no experience with the game of golf and want to learn the skills needed to enjoy playing a round of golf in a fun, friendly group atmosphere.
Fun & Leisure