Beginner Golf Clinics
Spots remaining: 0
Enrollment is closed
Add yourself to the wait list and you'll be notified when a spot opens
Full course description
10690 Palm River Road
Tampa, FL 33619
Dates: TBD (5 weeks)
Time: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Professional Golf Instruction 1 hour 30 minutes
- Self Practice 30 minutes
To provide beginner golf programs that integrate the use of state-of-the-art golf simulation technology, to teach the fundamentals of golf. This course will use a blended learning approach of the traditional instructor-led golf swing training, indoor golf, and background information on etiquette, golf terminology, and scoring. This course will concentrate on basic golf skills instruction and provides background information on the game's rules, etiquette, and values. Golf clubs are provided!
This course is brought to you by Women of Color Golf in partnership with The Institute for Corporate & Continuing Education at Hillsborough Community College.
Take a swing at it!!!
- Attire: Please come dressed in shorts and a polo-type shirt, wearing rubber-soled shoes, for this outdoor sport.
- Building entrance: Enter the TopGolf building from the right side, downstairs; near the handicapped parking. This is where the employees enter the building. This entrance has billiard tables, this is where everyone will gather first.
Workbook (optional): A workbook is highly recommended, and one can be purchased for $35 via cash or check (ask your instructor).
Instructor: Lynne Morgan
Benefits: At the end of this course, you will learn the basic fundamentals of golf.
At the end of this course, students will gain insight into the:
- Game rules and etiquette
- Definitions of various golf terms (Par, Birdie, Bogie, Eagle, Bunker, Tee Box, etc.)
- Types of golf clubs (driver, irons, and components of the club)
- Techniques on posture, grip, and alignment
- Techniques regarding chipping and putting
- Techniques on the full swing and half swing
- Proper stretching exercises
- Visit a golf course
- Tour of Pro Shop - Booking a tee time
- Guest Speakers
Who should attend:
This course targets adults who have limited or no experience with the game of golf and want to learn the skills needed to enjoy playing a round of golf in a fun, friendly group atmosphere.
Fun & Leisure