Full course description
Subject Matter Disclosure: Although writing about sexual or violent related incidents is at no way discouraged from this course, it is something that needs to be addressed. Sex and violence shall be kept between the writer and the instructor and will not be work-shopped. If a piece does include sex or violence and the writer would like the instructor to look at the piece, please make arrangements with the instructor.
The syllabus will be provided on the first day of class.
Description: I believe nearly all of us have at least one good novel inside of us patiently waiting to be shared with the world. Where you start and how you progress these thoughts into words and the journey of your story, is what this course is designed to help you accomplish.
Over a six week period we will go over the many aspects that you as upcoming writers will need to consider, and or practice to complete your novel that explores the full imagination of the readers.
My goal for this course will be to help you understand why there are many steps for you to consider during the development of your novel, which include but not limited to the following:
- Designing a footprint for your story
- Research for the book
- Developing a character list
- Prioritizing the characters (A,B,C’s)
- Compiling a list of chapters with titles
- Building the layers of the story
- The purpose of the story
- How to engage the reader's imagination
- Structuring the sentences
- Building depth and emotion
- The importance of inner monologue
- What does the Title of your book say
- The cover
- The synopsis
- Author Bio
- Who is your intended reader
- Proof reading
- Journeys end and next steps
Fun & Leisure