Full course description
Ybor City Campus Visual Arts Building - YVAB
1304 E. 11th Avenue
Tampa, FL 33605
Room: YVAB 221
Student Parking: Designated student parking is located in the YSSB Lot and Student Garage. Both require student parking decals to avoid City of Tampa parking citations. To register for a student parking decal please visit YSSB 107 for assistance. Phone: 813-253-7626.
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Dates: 01/20/24 - 02/24/24 (6 weeks)
Description: Calling all would-be Rembrandt's! Expand your artistic horizons by learning to paint with acrylics. No experience is necessary as individualized instruction is provided or work at your own pace. You will learn painting basics and strategies that you will apply to create your own painting. There will be group discussions to aid in inspiration to expand art ideas. This class is a cross between a private lesson and a group class.
For the first class, bring reference photos of what you would like to paint. Think of 3 things you would like to paint, bring examples.
This freestyle painting class is the class for you if:
- You like to do your own thing.
- You need help with painting or want to Learn!
- You'd like to paint with a creative community.
Items to purchase:
- Any paint brand/student grade is fine
- Cadmium Yellow
- deep hue, light or pale
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Red
- Ultramarine Blue
- Prussian Blue
- Burnt Umber, Sienna
- Titanium White
- Other helpful colors, Yellow, Ochre, Sap Green and Black
- Different sizes and shapes, not all small brushes.
- Flat square head, round head, and detail brushes
- Canvas (any size) X3 or Canvas Paper
- Plastic palette knives (Walmart or Dollar Tree)
- Palette paper or plastic plates (to mix paint on)
- Gel Medium
- Vine Charcoal
- HB Lead pencil
- Pad of cheap mixed media paper or acrylic paper
- Water spray bottle
- Small sponge
- Painters tape
- Sketchbook (blank pages) or student comp book
- Storage carrier to bring items to class
Instructor: Gina Cunningham is a self-taught artist who was born in Indiana and moved to Florida in 1989. As a child, she set up her drawings at the end of the driveway and sold her artwork to neighbors for 10 cents each. In the last twenty years, she has sold different mediums of her artwork online including hand-painted Italian charms, hand-painted wooden art boxes, original paintings, hand-carved stamps, art stickers, digital scrapbooking kits, and one of a kind art doll sculptures.
Currently, she focuses mainly on acrylic painting, but also has many years of oil painting experience. She highly enjoys learning and trying new types of traditional and digital art mediums.
Refund Policy: Refunds, Cancellations & Substitutions
Fun & Leisure