Full course description
The Corporate Training Center (TCTC) at HCC
39 Columbia Dr.
Tampa, FL 33606
Parking: Parking is available next to the building.
Days: Tuesday & Thursday from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturdays from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Start Date: 01/ 08/ 2019
End Date: 04/ 30/ 2019
Textbook(s): Learning Python: Powerful Object-Oriented Programming 5th edition by Mark Lutz
- The textbook is included in your tuition and will be distributed by the instructor on the first day of class.
In this course, students will acquire the skills to understand applications of problem solving using the Python programming language. The students will deepen their scientific thinking in order to be used in technology-based careers and to create Python projects. Mastery of the Python programming language will lead to an understanding of its syntax, libraries, and implementations, uses, and data structures. Moreover, the course provides an understanding of the basics of problem solving with the Python programming language. Students will also acquire conceptual understanding of Python through advanced algorithms, recursion, array-based sequences, stacks and queues, linked lists, maps, hash tables, skip lists, and trees.
This course is project-based, which means that students will build on files they develop in this course to create larger pieces that could be incorporated into a portfolio.
Prerequisite Skills and Experience:
No previous experience with programming. However students must have basic computer literacy and be able to:
- Open, Save and upload files
- Interact with the instructor and other students via email, the Canvas (LMS) Learning Management System and other web based forums as required.
Instructor: Cameron Crowson
Financial Assistance: Need help paying for some or all of this course?
- Check out our Pre-Payment Plan (Links to an external site.)
- Check out the Career Source Tampa Bay. (Links to an external site.) website for TechHire funding.