Full course description
Online Learning with a Real Live Instructor
Join the online virtual classroom as easy as clicking a link. Look for an email notification from ICCE Canvas (Big Blue Button) or MS Teams to attend the course.
Take the Pre-Assessment.
For you to assess your readiness prior to taking the class, please click on the link to take the pre-assessment:
- The pre-assessment is a self-paced quiz.
- The recommended score of 70% (21 correct out of 30 questions) determines your readiness to learn the course objectives for CompTIA A+ exams.
Day(s): Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Time: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Instructor: Anton Santucci
Note: The registration fee includes:
- CompTIA A+ Courseware Materials including CompTIA CertMaster Practice
- Introduction to PC Basics
- Access to CompTIA A+ Lab for exam practice
- Test vouchers for the 2 A+ certification exams (220-1101 & 220-1102) with one Retake voucher
- IT Job Readiness Skills
- One Project Help Consultation for each Core session
This interactive online course with a Live instructor is designed to be delivered for entry level individuals looking to start a new career in IT. This fundamental program begins with a brief introduction to PC basics; secondly, the instructor will focus on the conceptual and practical aspects of both CompTIA A+ 220-1101 and 220-1102 exam objectives and lastly, the instructor will integrate the program with job readiness skills to prepare participants to seek or obtain employment, and to keep their jobs once they are hired.
An added bonus is access to CompTIA CertMaster Practice an online knowledge assessment and training tool to help you prepare for your CompTIA certification exam. CertMaster Practice quickly assesses what you already know and what you still need to learn.
In addition, the program provides two Project Help consultations throughout the course for students that are grading 70% or below. The sessions will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
A+ is the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles. It is about much more than PC repair. Participants will learn to build a computer from scratch, learn all speeds, and specifications of computer hardware. Learn about the software that is housed within a computer system such as Operating Systems, and system utilities used to troubleshoot, backup and maintain a computer system stability.
NOTE: Students who successfully attain the industry certification offered as a part of this course are eligible to articulate this certification for 6 credits towards the Computer Engineering Technology program at a Florida state college, based on the Florida Department of Education’s Gold Standard Career Pathways Agreement. For more information on the Florida Department of Education’s Gold Standard Industry Certification Articulation Agreements, please visit http://www.fldoe.org/academics/career-adult-edu/career-technical-edu-agreements/industry-certification.stml.
Most in-demand job positions with CompTIA A+ Certification in their description:
- Technical Support Specialists
- Field Service Technicians
- IT Support Technicians
- IT Support Administrators
- IT Support Specialist
- IT Entry Level Professionals
Career Pathway Next Steps:
Next Step Certifications:
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials+
Need help paying for some or all of this course? Visit our Financial Assistance webpage
Check out these options:
- Open Door Scholarship
- HCC Alumni 10% Discount
- Pre-Payment Plan
- Career Source Tampa Bay "Get There Faster" for Transitioning Servicemembers, Veterans, and their spouses
- CareerSource Tampa Bay "WIOA" Program and Apprenticeship-to-Career Empowerment (ACE) - CareerSource Tampa Bay
ICCE at HCC is a Authorized Academy Partner. CompTIA’s Academy Partner Program provides valuable tools and resources to assist schools in training, certifying and upgrading the skills of their students in IT.
For more information, contact IT Program Coordinator Liz Steacker at 813-259-6508 or email email@example.com