Full course description
Online: Learning with a Real Live Instructor
Join the online virtual classroom as easy as clicking a link. Look for an email notification from ICCE Canvas and Instructor to attend the course.
Days: Monday and Wednesday
Time: 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Dates: 02/27/2023- 05/31/2023
Instructor: Mark Aruda
Note: The registration fee includes: the textbooks or e-books and three test vouchers with one retake.
Description: Cloud technology is important for developing a career in today’s computing landscape. Cloud computing is quickly capturing the technological domain with notable players such as Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and CompTIA Cloud Essentials making huge strides. As a result, the demand for Cloud professionals is also increasing considerably. There are thousands of open tech jobs in the Tampa Bay area alone. This course will prepare you to enter the exciting field of Cloud Computing.
Most in-demand open job positions on Indeed that list cloud-related skills in their description:
- Software engineer.
- Senior software engineer.
- Software architect.
- Development operations engineer.
- Full stack developer.
- Cloud engineer.
- Data engineer.
- Java developer.
Upon completion of the course, the participant will not only have acquired the essential hard and soft skills to enter the Cloud Computing workforce but will also have achieved a total of three certifications from industry giants Google, AWS, and CompTIA.
The certification exams include: one voucher with one retake per exam.
- CompTIA – Cloud Essentials+ Certification
- Amazon - AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Certified Google Associate Cloud Engineer
- Setting up a cloud solution environment
- Planning and configuring a cloud solution
- Deploying and implementing a cloud solution
- Ensuring successful operation of a cloud solution
- Configuring access and security
- Understand Cloud concepts
- Consider the entire range of Google Cloud Platform technologies
- Learn methods to develop, implement, and deploy solutions
- Distinguish between features of similar or related products and technologies
- Recognize a wide variety of solution domains, use cases, and applications
- Develop essential skills for managing and administering solutions
- Develop knowledge of solution patterns- methods, technologies, and designs that are used to implement security, scalability, high availability, and other desired qualities
- Define what the AWS Cloud is and the basic global infrastructure
- Describe basic AWS Cloud architectural principles
- Describe the AWS Cloud value proposition
- Describe key services on the AWS platform and their common use cases (for example, compute and analytics)
- Describe basic security and compliance aspects of the AWS platform and the shared security model
- Define the billing, account management, and pricing models
- Identify sources of documentation or technical assistance (for example, whitepapers or support tickets)
- Describe basic/core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud.
- Characteristics of Cloud Services from a Business Perspective
- Cloud Computing and Business Value
- Technical Perspectives/Cloud Types
- Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud Computing
- Impact and Changes of Cloud Computing on IT Service Management
- Risks and Consequences of Cloud Computing
This course is intended for individuals who are looking to build and validate overall understanding of the Cloud. This path is useful for individuals in technical, managerial, sales, purchasing, or financial roles who work with or want to work in the Cloud.
Prerequisite skills, education and/or experience:
At least six months of experience working in or associated with an IT environment, with direct involvement in IT-related tasks, responsibilities and/or decision making is recommended.
Financial Assistance: Need help paying for some or all of this course?
Career Pathway Next Steps:
Next Step Certifications:
- Microsoft - Azure Fundamentals
- Amazon - AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Google – Professional Cloud Developer
- CompTIA – Certified Cloud+
For more information call 813.259.6508 or email IT Program Coordinator Liz Steacker email@example.com