Full course description
The Corporate Training Center (TCTC) at HCC
39 Columbia Dr.
Tampa, FL 33606 Map
Room: TCTC 127A
Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Start Date: June 04, 2019
End Date: July 16, 2019
Note: The book will be given by the instructor.
Description: In this course, students will acquire the skills to understand the fundamentals of becoming a Cyber Security First Responder. The skills students learn in this course will help prepare them for opportunities in the Information Technology field
This course is designed to cover all the learning objectives for the CFR exam CFR-210
General Topics: Assessing Information Security Risk, Analyzing the Threat Landscape, Analyzing Recon Threats to Computing and Network Environments, Analyzing Attacks on Computing and Network Environments, Analyzing Post Attack Techniques, Evaluating the Organization’s Security Posture, Collecting Cybersecurity Intelligence, Analyzing Log Data, Performing Active Asset and Network Analysis, Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents, Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
Prerequisites: Some previous experience with Networking. Additionally, students must have basic computer literacy and be able to:
- Understand Internet basics
- Basic understanding of MS Windows and/or Linux
- Interact with the instructor and other students via email, the Canvas (LMS) Learning Management System and other web based forums as required.
Financial Assistance: Need help paying for some or all of this course?
- Check out our Pre-Payment Plan
- Check out the Career Source Tampa Bay website for TechHire funding
- Check out WOIA https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Youth_Prescreen
Instructor: Mark Aruda