Full course description
Location: Virtual Online Course
Online Learning with a Real Live Instructor as easy as clicking an email link from Canvas Conference or Zoom.
Days: Mondays & Wednesdays from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Start Date: 09/14/2020
End Date: 11/04/2020
This course will prepare students for the 98-381 exam with the Basics of Python Programming course and lab. The lab provides a hands-on learning experience in a safe, online environment. Learners will acquire the skills to understand applications of problem solving using the Python programming language. The skills learned in this course will help deepen your scientific thinking to be used in technology-based careers. From the first day in this course, you will learn how to use the topics to develop Python projects. Mastery of the Python programming language will lead to an understanding of its syntax, libraries, implementations, uses, and data structures.
Note: Python has become one of the best programming languages to learn if you want to upskill your career. Here are six careers that are perfect for job applicants with Python skills:
- Python Developer
- Product Manager
- Data Analyst
- Financial Advisor
- Data Journalist
General Topics: Students will understand and acquire the following skills:
- Basics of IDLE and Command prompt
- Built-In types and operations of python
- How to use simple statements and syntax related to the “conceptual hierarchy”
- Building functions to create statements of code to pass arguments.
Prerequisites: No previous experience with programming. However students must have access to a PC with a high speed internet connection, basic computer literacy and be able to:
- Be Proficient in Excel formulas and functions
- Open, Save and upload files
- Interact with the instructor and other students via email, the Canvas (LMS) Learning Management System and other web based forums as required.
Who should attend?: Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of the Python Programming language.
Student system requirements:
- The Python IDE and supporting applications are downloadable for free.
Note: The registration fee includes lessons, test preps with pre-assessments and post- assessments, performance lab and one MTA 98-381 exam voucher.
Microsoft MTA 98-381 Certification
Being a Certified Python Programmer ensures proficiency and technical knowledge in project-critical IT job roles. Microsoft MTA 98-381 exam validates candidates' skills to perform operations using data types and operators, control flow with decisions and loops, perform input and output operations, document and structure code, perform troubleshooting and error handling, and perform operations using modules and tools.
Career Pathway Next Step: PCAP Python Certification
Certified Associate in Python Programming certification is a professional credential that measures your ability to accomplish coding tasks related to the basics of programming in the Python language and the fundamental notions and techniques used in object-oriented programming.
Instructor: Cameron Crowson, Ed.S, PhD
- Dr. Crowson has held several positions in education. His current position is in the field of K-12 Technology and Computer Science education. He has received a Bachelor of Science from Eckerd College, a Masters of Arts from Jacksonville State University, and a PhD in Instructional Design and Technology from Keiser University.
For more information, contact IT Program Coordinator Liz Steacker at 813-259-6508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.