Full course description
Online Course: Learning with a Real Live Instructor
Join the online virtual classroom as easy as clicking a link. Look for an email notification from the Canvas Conference (Big Blue Button or Zoom) to attend the course.
Days: Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00 pm to 9:30 PM.
Instructor: Osman Rahman
Note Textbook or e-Book will be given by the instructor during the first session. Students will perform hands-on practice exercises throughout the course.
Description: In today’s business world, we work in a data-driven environment: people search through tons of data to find the right strategy to be successful in marketing, operations, and management. Most organizations use large, relational databases, which makes learning the basic understanding of SQL a great employable skill for almost everyone. This class will teach students basic relational database design concepts as well as the popular database language SQL (Structured Query Language). Students will learn to create and modify databases and then insert, update, delete and query information using SQL. The database platform used for the course will be Microsoft SQL Server which provides a simple user environment for learning database technology.
Learning Objectives: you’ll learn how to communicate with relational databases through SQL.
Students will learn the fundamentals of relational database technology and the SQL database language used to produce results from the database.
Students will learn to:
- Design basic database models
- Create database structures
- Insert and update database content
- Retrieve data using beginning, intermediate, and advanced SQL
- Use functions for aggregation and data manipulation
- Develop procedure files for repetitive tasks
Take this course if you are interested in the following career path: database administrator, server management specialist, web designer, hosting technician, software developer, and software quality assurance, as well as positions in business analysis and business intelligence.
Career Pathway Next Steps: Certification and/or Courses to attend at ICCE@HCC:
- Excel Functions
- MTA Python Programming Certification
- Microsoft Data Analyst Associate Certification
Prerequisite skills, education and/or experience:
Students must have basic computer literacy and be able to:
- Understand Internet basics
- Basic understanding of MS Windows
Most in-demand open job positions with SQL skills in their description:
- SQL Software Developer
- Business ''Data'' Analyst
- SQL Server Back-End Developer
Financial Assistance: Need help paying for some or all of this course?
- Check out our Pre-Payment Plan
- Check out the Career Source Tampa Bay website for Tech-Hire funding.
- Check out WOIA