Full course description
Ybor City Campus - Collaboration
1602 N 15th Street
Tampa, FL 33605
Room: HCS 132
Days: Tuesday from 8:30am - 4:30pm
Start Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2016
End Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Instructor: Mark Aruda
Note: The book will be given by the instructor.
Description: Microsoft Access 2013 Level 1-Beginner is the first and foundational class of a three part series. The delivery method involves hands-on experience in a computer center using Access software. Students will learn basic skills, such as Exploring the Access Environment, Designing Databases, Creating Tables, Using Queries and Creating Reports
General Topics: Database Concepts, Databases and Tables, Fields and Records, Basic Queries, Using Forms and Working with Reports.
Prerequisites: Be familiar with personal computers, use of keyboard and mouse. Suggested course: Computer Basics & Introduction to Microsoft Office
Who should attend? Office professionals, small business owners and anyone with little or no skills and/or Access experience.
After taking this course, participants will be able to:
* Database Concepts and explore the Access environment
* Databases and tables - Planning and designing databases, exploring tables and creating tables
* Fields and records - Changing the design of a table, finding and editing records and organizing records
* Data Entry rules - Setting field properties, working with input masks, and setting validation rules
* Basic queries - Creating and using queries, modifying query results and queries, and performing operations in queries
* Using forms - Creating forms, using Design view, and sorting/filtering records
* Working with reports - Creating reports, modifying and printing reports