Full course description
HCC @ The Regent
6437 Watson Rd
Tampa, FL 33578
Days: Tuesday & Thursday 6:30pm -9:30pm
Start Date: 7/31/2018
End Date: 8/30/2018
Textbook(s): Learning Python: Powerful Object-Oriented Programming 5th edition by Mark Lutz
- The textbook is included in your tuition and will be distributed by the instructor on the first day of class.
Description: In this course, students will acquire the skills to understand applications of problem solving using the Python programming language. The skills students learn in this course will help deepen their scientific thinking to be used in technology-based careers. From the first day in this course, students will learn how to use the topics learned in the course to develop Python projects. Mastery of the Python programming language will lead to an understanding of its syntax, libraries, implementations, and uses, and data structures.
This course is project-based, which means that students will build on files they develop in this course to create larger pieces that could be incorporated in a portfolio.
General Topics: Students will understand and acquire the following skills:
- Construct definitions using functional design concepts.
- Apply modules and packages to other functions and classes by using import statements.
- Create Classes through Object-Oriented Programming.
- Use Exception-Handling tools to catch errors in coding.
- Learn how to apply alternative function declarations to strengthen and shorten code.
Prerequisites: Experience with basic level Python Programming
- Although our Introduction to Python course is not required, it is highly recommended to ensure that your knowledge/experience is aligned with the level of this course.
Who should attend?: Anyone with wants to expand on their basic Python usage and experience
Instructor: Cameron Crowson
Mr. Crowson has held several positions in education. His current position is in the field of K-12 Technology and Computer Science education. He has received a Bachelor of Science from Eckerd College, a Masters of Arts from Jacksonville State University, and an Educational Specialist from Keiser University. Current, he is working on completing his PhD program in Instructional Design and Technology.
Intermediate Python Programming
7/31/2018 at The Regent 109
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6:30pm – 9:30pm