Full course description
Location: Virtual Online Course
Online Learning with a Real Live Instructor as easy as clicking an email link from Canvas Conference or Zoom.
Days: Monday and Wednesday
Time: 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm
Dates: 02/17/2021 - 04/12/2021
Instructor: Osman Rahman
Note: The registration fee includes: the textbook and one test voucher for DA-100 Analyzing and Visualizing Data using Power BI.
Description: With more and more big data in today’s workplace, it is more important than ever that we can analyze, digest, and explain data in a manageable way to anyone who needs to understand their organization’s complex data. This course will prepare you to enter the exciting field of Data Management, a career that is one of the most in-demand throughout United States. This course will validate your BI Reporting knowledge relevant to data analysis, data visualization, modeling, dashboards, and direct connectivity to data sources in Excel and Power BI.
Upon completion of the course, the participant will have the ability to take a dataset and create reports, metrics, dashboards, analysis, and forecasts for managers, directors and higher ups. Further, students will create their own small database processors for developing daily, weekly and or monthly data files which can be used in various formats. This class is roughly 80% hand on and 20% lecture.
The certification: Microsoft Data Analyst Associate Certification | Exam Code DA-100
Microsoft Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI demonstrates knowledge relevant to data analysis, data visualization, modeling, dashboards, and direct connectivity to data sources in Excel and Power BI. Participants should also be able to configure and manipulate data in PowerPivot, PivotTables, and PivotCharts. Microsoft Data Analyst Associate Certification is the first step on your path to becoming a Data Management and Analytics Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
- Consuming and Transforming Data By Using Power BI Desktop
- Modeling and Visualizing Data
- Configure Dashboards, Reports and Apps in the Power BI Service
- Configure and manipulate data in PowerPivot, Pivot tables, and charts
Instructor: Osman Rahman
Individuals who have been involved with working with any kind of data or in the capacity as:
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Data Entry clerk
- Computer related field
- Individuals who have a technical background who took other technical courses
- Individuals who possess an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science field
Prerequisite skills, education and/or experience:
Recommend enrolling in our Excel Intermediate or Advanced to gain knowledge in Pivot tables and Charts.
Participants should have a minimum of one of the following:
- Associate Degree in Computer Science
- Technical training from a technical college or vocational school
- Power user of Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
- At least 1-year prior experience working with data in Excel, Access, SQL, Visual Basic, and/or Python
Most in-demand open job positions with Data Business Intelligence Reporting skills in their description:
- MS Power BI Developer
- BI Reporting Analyst
- Project Analyst
- Data Analytics BI Engineer
- Finance Analyst
- Data Scientist
Financial Assistance: Need help paying for some or all of this course?
- Check out our Pre-Payment Plan .
- Check out the Career Source Tampa Bay website for TechHire funding.
- Check out WOIA
For more information, contact IT Program Coordinator Liz Steacker at 813-259-6508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.