Full course description
Please note that this is a Waitlist only and the actual course fee is $125.00.
Who Should Attend?
The PALS Course is for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. These include personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card for job or other requirements.
Students who successfully complete the PALS Course, including the following components, will receive a PALS Provider course Completion Card, valid for two years.
1. You must first take the self-assessment test on the American Heart Association Website. Go to www.heart.org/eccstudent and use the code "palsprovider" to take the assessment. You must bring the certificate of completion to the class. If you do not pass or would like additional training in EKG, Advanced Airway and Pharmacology, then you will need to take an ACLS/PALS prep course offered by HCC. Go to: https://catalog.tampatraining.com/browse/alliedhealth.
2. Purchase the required PALS student workbook from American Heart at http://shop.aha.channing-bete.com/onlinestore/storeitem.html?iid=180287&cid=135798&item=Pediatric+Ad...
The Course Covers:
· 1 and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
· 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
· Management of respiratory emergencies
· Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
· Vascular access
· Resuscitation team concept
· Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
· Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
Refunds, Cancellations & Substitutions
If you find it necessary to cancel your registration, call the ICCE office immediately at (813) 259-6010.
Notify us first by phone and then follow-up your cancellation by written notification using U.S. Mail, fax, e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), or hand delivery. Written notice must be received 2 business days prior to the program date to be eligible for a refund. Please be advised that refunds may take up to three (3) weeks from the point at which a class is cancelled or a student's written notification of cancellation is received. Refunds will not be made after the start of any program. Participants may substitute another individual at any time. However, CEU credit will not be awarded for substitutions after any program has begun. We reserve the right to cancel activities that do not meet minimum enrollment levels or for other good cause. Activities cancelled by the College will have refunds processed in-full.
Questions? Please email email@example.com. We are happy to help you!
Note: Fees from these courses do not represent income for the American Heart Association.