Full course description
Collaboration Studio Map
1602 N. 15th Street, Room 117
Tampa, FL 33605
Instructor: Victor Bevis
Who should attend? Non-healthcare professionals (security, childcare, elder care, etc.) who need to be able to perform first aid and CPR, use an AED on adults, children and infants in a wide variety settings. After completion of the course, including a skills test, students receive a Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED course completion card, valid for 2 years.
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies. This course also teaches adult, infant and children CPR and AED use. Those that complete the course will receive a Heartsaver® CPR AED course completion card, valid for 2 years. You'll also receive free tracking of your certification expiration with reminders to renew.
Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. The 2015 updated guidelines will be presented when released.
· First aid basics
· Medical emergencies
· Injury emergencies
· Environmental emergencies
· Adult, children and infant CPR and AED use
Students must purchase and read the Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED Student Workbook before attending this course.
The manual can be purchased online or by using one of the methods below:
1. E-book through the American Heart Association- $13.95 for tablets and smartphones.
2. Printed copy through the American Heart Association- $13.95 plus shipping and handling
3. A limited number of copies are also available through HCC-ICCE ($14.50). Please email email@example.com to arrange for purchase and pickup of the manual before class.