Full course description
Course Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 from 1:30 am to 5:30 pm
Collaboration Studio Map
1602 N. 15th Street, Room 131
Tampa, FL 33605
Instructor: Ray Torres
Who should attend? Healthcare professionals who need to be able to perform CPR, use an AED, as well as other lifesaving skills on adults, children and infants in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings. After completion of the course, including a skills test, students receive a BLS for Healthcare Provider ® CPR AED course completion card, valid for 2 years. You'll also receive free tracking of your certification expiration with reminders to renew.
HCC Students, Faculty and Staff can take this course at a discounted rate ($35). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name and ID number to receive a promo code.
The Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS for HCP) Course is an instructor-led course that teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support. This course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. BLS for HCP teaches skills using the American Heart Association’s proven Practice-While-Watching technique, which allows Instructors to observe students, provide feedback and guide students’ acquisition of skills.
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care:
- Adult, children and infant CPR and AED use
- Adult, child and infant choking relief
- Team Dynamics
- Cardiac or Respiratory Arrest associated with Opioid Overdose
- Usage of Naloxone for Opioid-Induced Cardiac Arrest
Students must purchase and read the BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual before attending this course. Students also receive the new Pocket Reference Card with the manual designed to provide quick emergency information to the rescuer at any time.
The manual can be purchased using one of the methods below:
1. American Heart Association Authorized Distributors (Ebook and Paperback)- starting at $13.95
· Laerdal: http://www.laerdal.com/us/item/15-1010
2. A limited number of copies are also available through HCC-ICCE ($13.00). Please email email@example.com to arrange for purchase and pickup before class.