Full course description
HCC Dale Mabry Campus
4001 W Tampa Bay Blvd
Tampa, FL 33614
Dates: TBD - February 2020
Who should attend? Licensed nurses who have been out of the workforce for several years or those that want to improve clinical skills. This is not a remedial course to re-obtain a state nursing license.
The following are included in the course fee:
- Medical Surgical Nursing Textbook with Learning Package
Accreditation: HCC is an approved provider of continuing education for nurses through FBN 50-941. This program has been approved for 84 contact hours.
Course Description: This course updates and evaluates the skills of nurses who have not been in the workforce for several years. Utilizing the state-of-the-art High-Fidelity Simulation Suites located at the HCC Dale Mabry Campus, this course provides enhanced clinical experiences featuring computerized medication administration and documentation, hands-on skills training, and knowledge update of nursing care.
The course begins with class orientation on the first day at the simulation center followed by 2 weeks of self-study/e-learning. The class will then meet for 4 lecture/lab sessions and then 8 simulation sessions followed by a skills evaluation day. The simulation sessions provide clinical skills practice that can be tailored to the needs of each student and is often more valuable than clinical hours at a hospital/medical center.
After completion of this course, the RN should be able to:
- Identify current accepted practice guidelines for the management of commonly encountered adult medical/surgical conditions in acute care, home care, and long-term care.
- Apply the nursing process and demonstrate critical thinking while caring for the client experiencing medications conditions in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Describe and perform the techniques used for a comprehensive health assessment of the adult patient.
- Work efficiently within an electronic medical record system to capture patient information and charting.
- Identify legal and ethical dimensions of patient care responsibilities.
- Identify current safe practice standards according to ANA standard of Nursing Practice and JCAHO National Patient Safety Goals.
- Complete the skills validation exam with a minimum of 80% upon completion of the course.
- Utilize patient data to formulate a plan involving ethics, evidenced based practice, nursing process, leadership, and resource utilization. Prioritizes the patient plan of care.
Financial Assistance: Need help paying for some or all of this course? Visit ourand check out our .
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help you!