Full course description
Who should attend? Anyone with a current Florida RN Licensure looking to get back into the nursing field.
Learners will be re-introduced to nursing practice through a fast paced curriculum that allows the professional nurse to identify their role as a nurse returning to the work force or in need of review. The program uses current evidence based practice in conjunction with employing techniques that promote the spirit of inquiry. The focus of the course is set on developing areas of past and present expertise in the nursing field. This will allow the nurse to build leadership skills in a rapidly changing health care system, In effect; the program will assess evaluative tools that incorporate cognitive, psychomotor, and affective progression in the program. Overall, the program is designed to reflect contemporary health care trends to help the nurse to function effectively in the health care environment.
Twelve weeks: (100 HOURS) - didactic (classroom lectures, seminars, and web assisted instruction). This includes faculty supervised learning laboratory practice. (20 HOURS). Faculty/preceptor supervised clinical learning experience will be 48 HOURS (6-8 hour days). Total Hours= 168.
The following is included in your registration fee:
Heartsaver® BLS Healthcare Provider Certification valid for 2 years
Textbook and workbook
White lab coat
On completion of RN Refresher Course, the successful learner will be able to meet the following expectations while caring for adult clients experiencing complex, multi-system disruptions in health:
- Employ the nursing process to provide holistic, patient-centered care that reflects an understanding or pathophysiology, pharmacology, medical treatment, and nursing management across all healthcare settings.
- Apply pharmacology in nursing practice to include knowledge or dosages, administration guidelines, therapeutic effects, adverse effects, toxicity management and identifying/reporting adverse events.
- Employ safe medication administration practices as appropriate for the patient care setting.
- Use patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices to deliver safe nursing care.
- Employ evidenced based practices to facilitate communication and collaboration (inter/intra-professional and therapeutic) to deliver safe patient care.
- Identify national, state, and local laws, regulations and standards that guide nursing practice and continuing education.
- Document nursing care that is reflective of the nursing process and current industry standards.
- Promote dignity, respect and privacy while providing nursing care for adult clients experiencing complex, multi-system disruptions in functional health patterns.
- Provide competent, professional nursing care to meet the diverse needs of adult clients experiencing complex, multi-system disruptions in functional health patterns by practicing within relevant legal, ethical and regulatory frameworks and engaging in pertinent educational development.
Physical Exam- students are responsible to get medical physical exam. You will need to schedule a medical physical exam with your healthcare provider.
Immunizations- All immunizations are required to work in a healthcare setting. Please make sure your immunizations are up to date and that the Students Health and Immunization Certification Form is completed.
Please bring these completed forms with you to the mandatory orientation which will be held one hour prior to the start of the first class.
Refunds, Cancellations & Substitutions
If you find it necessary to cancel your registration, call the ICCE office immediately at (813) 259-6010. Notify us first by phone and then follow-up your cancellation by written notification using U.S. Mail, fax, e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), or hand delivery. Written notice must be received 2 business days prior to the program date to be eligible for a refund. Please be advised that refunds may take up to three (3) weeks from the point at which a class is cancelled or a student's written notification of cancellation is received. Refunds will not be made after the start of any program. Participants may substitute another individual at any time. However, CEU credit will not be awarded for substitutions after any program has begun. We reserve the right to cancel activities that do not meet minimum enrollment levels or for other good cause. Activities cancelled by the College will have refunds processed in-full.
Questions? Please call (813) 259-6513 or email email@example.com. We are happy to help you!