Full course description
EKG/Telemetry Technician Certification
Course Date and Time:
11/01/23 to 12/11/23
Monday and Wednesdays from 1:30pm to 5:30pm
4001 W. Tampa Bay Blvd. Technology (DTEC) Room: 310
Tampa, FL 33614
Instructor: R. Torres
Who should attend? Anyone over the age of 18 with high school diploma or GED.
This course provide the training for administering and reading EKGs. The course includes anatomy and physiology and disease processes that affect the heart, medications, Holter monitoring, 12-lead EKG, analyzing EKG readings, and much more. A two year BLS Healthcare Provider Certification is included in this course.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Perform EKG tests on a live person.
- Describe the normal cardiac anatomy and physiology and normal electrical conduction through the heart.
- Identify and relate waveforms to the cardiac cycle.
- Utilize a systematic process when approaching the interpretation of the EKG.
- Identify normal and abnormal components on the EKG.
- Recognize sinus dysrhythmias on EKG and relate cause, significance, symptoms, and treatment. Identify specific cardiac dysrhythmias
- Describe the appropriate nursing interventions for specific dysrhythmias
- Recognize ventricular dysrhythmias on EKG and relate cause, significance, symptoms, and treatment.
The following is included in your registration fee:
BLS® Healthcare Provider Certification for 2 years.
National Exam with study package (one attempt)
Refunds, Cancellations & Substitutions
Please note that any cancellations must be received in writing before the class start date to receive a full refund.
Questions? Please call (813) 259-6010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help you!