Full course description
1602 N. 15th Street
Tampa, FL 33605 Map
Who should attend? Anyone needing EKG training with hopes to add EKG Technician Certification to their resume.
Start a career as an EKG Technician or add this certification to your healthcare resume for administering and reading EKGs. This 40 hour course includes anatomy and physiology of the heart, the disease processes that affect the heart, medications, Holter monitoring, 12-lead EGK, and how to analyze EKG readings, and much more. A two year BLS Healthcare Provider Certification is also included.
- Describe the normal cardiac anatomy and physiology and normal electrical conduction through the heart. Identify and relate waveforms to the cardiac cycle.
- Utilize a systematic process when approaching the interpretation of the EKG.
- Identify normal and abnormal components on the EKG.
- Recognize sinus dysrhythmias on EKG and relate cause, significance, symptoms, and treatment. Identify specific cardiac dysrhythmias
- Describe the appropriate nursing interventions for specific dysrhythmias
- Recognize ventricular dysrhythmias on EKG and relate cause, significance, symptoms, and treatment.
The following is included in your registration fee:
- EKG Textbook
- Heartsaver® BLS Healthcare Provider Certification valid for 2 years.
- National Exam through National Healthcare Associates (NHA) (one attempt)
- NHA online study guide with practice test
Refunds, Cancellations & Substitutions
If you find it necessary to cancel your registration, call the ICCE office immediately at (813) 259-6010.
Notify us first by phone and then follow-up your cancellation by written notification using U.S. Mail, fax, e-mail (email@example.com), or hand delivery. Written notice must be received 2 business days prior to the program date to be eligible for a refund. Please be advised that refunds may take up to three (3) weeks from the point at which a class is cancelled or a student's written notification of cancellation is received. Refunds will not be made after the start of any program. Participants may substitute another individual at any time. However, CEU credit will not be awarded for substitutions after any program has begun. We reserve the right to cancel activities that do not meet minimum enrollment levels or for other good cause. Activities cancelled by the College will have refunds processed in-full.
Questions? Please call (813) 259-6512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help you!